Access Community Mental Health

What is the Access Community Mental Health Service?

We help people access the correct mental health support and learn more about other services in the local community. We take a person-centred, flexible and goal-focused approach to helping people focus on future independence. We walk alongside people every step of the way.

How Can I Access Access Community Mental Health?

What can we offer?
  • Appointments can last for up to 50 minutes and can be held in the community, via the telephone or at our offices. 
Who can access the service?
  • Anyone who is 16+ and lives in Swindon or is registered with a Swindon GP.
How can I make a referral?

What are the Opening Hours of Access Community Mental Health Service?

Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Sunday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

How Do I Contact the Access Community Mental Health Service?

Tel: 01793 547150
Email: [email protected]

"I feel listened to and understood for the first time which has helped me to feel less alone." - Michael

"I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel." - Joanne

" I appreciated the Peer Support Worker sharing her lived experience as this has helped me realise I can move forward and looking forward to the ongoing support." - Taylor


What people ask about the most…


What support do you provide?

We provide a walk along side approach to supporting people in the community who are struggling with their mental health.


How long does the support last?

This depends on the goals you set to improve your mental health. We will review your mental health throughout the support with a focus on independence.


What goals do I set?

We follow the Five Ways to Wellbeing and will look at your mental health and wellbeing holistically. 


Can I have telephone support and change to community support when I feel more comfortable?

Yes, we offer flexible, person centred and responsive support to your current needs.


What happens if I don't need the support?

If you feel like you do not need the support, please make your Wellbeing Practitioner or Peer Support Worker aware as soon as possible, and they will discuss this with you.


Can you fill out forms for me?

No. We understand it can be stressful applying for allowance or filing out applications and will endeavour to support you during this process; however, we cannot fill out forms on your behalf.


I’m currently self-harming, am I still able to receive support from your service?

Yes, regardless of whether you are self-harming or not, we will support you in the best way we can.


I’m experiencing suicidal thoughts; can I still receive support from your service?

Yes, if you are experiencing suicidal thoughts, we will work with you to help create safety plans.


I have suicidal thoughts with active plans, can I receive support from your service?

We would recommend that you contact more immediate support services available to ensure that you receive the appropriate support sooner rather than later. 


I’m currently homeless, can I receive support from your service?

Yes, we can accept referrals if you are of no fixed abode or homeless.


I live in Swindon, but my GP is based outside of Swindon due to living on the boarder of another district, can I still receive support from your service?

Yes, if you live in Swindon and have a postcode of SN you can access our service.

We can support you access services across B&NEs and Wiltshire.


I’m receiving support from another health service; can I still receive support from you?

Yes, you are welcome to receive support from us even if you are receiving support from other services.