Wellbeing Training Programme for Schools
Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind deliver a programme of workshops and assemblies to pupils around the 5 Ways to Wellbeing, running one of the 5 Ways each term. The assemblies and follow up workshops introduce good wellbeing and the steps young people can take to look after their own mental health and how to support their peers.
Build connections with people around you by connecting with family, friends or somebody in school you may not have spoken to before.
Be curious about the world around you, savour the moment and notice your thoughts and feelings.
Learn something new to build your confidence and have fun. Learning doesn’t just take place in school.
Boost your energy and mood by doing something active – play outdoors or join your school sports team.
Do something nice for someone and notice how good it makes you feel.
Teachers and staff will be provided with the opportunity to attend Youth Mental Health First Aid course and attend bespoke workshops as arranged to ensure staff are looking after pupils and staff wellbeing.
The Youth Mental Health First Aid course will teach you to:
- To preserve life where a young person may be a danger to themselves or others.
- To provide help to prevent the mental health issue developing into a more serious state.
- To promote the recovery of good mental health.
- To provide comfort to a young person experiencing a mental health issue.
- To raise awareness of mental health issues in the community.
- To reduce stigma and discrimination.
Youth Mental Health First Aid training is an intensive course, delivered over 2 days and aimed at those without specialist mental health training, or for those people wanting to refresh their knowledge.
If you would like more information or would like to talk to a member in the training department please fill out the contact form below.