We are seeking a Bank Wellbeing Advisor to join our friendly team at a new project in Central Swindon, to cover busy periods, staff shortages, holidays and absence. The Junction project is an out of hours service, open 365 evenings a year, to support and assist individuals experiencing mental health concerns. The aim is to alleviate the need for people in the Swindon locality to access A&E and acute mental health services by managing the presenting symptoms / mental health crisis along with the triggers for that crisis. Individuals will be able to access the service by referral only.
- To support individuals to improve their own physical and mental wellbeing.
- To recognise and provide support to individuals in overcoming barriers to community inclusion.
- To promote a person-centred service; building effective communication with all individuals, partnership organisations and others.
- To maintain and develop professional links with all external agencies, enabling effective signposting.
Duties of the Job
- This is a public facing role and as a Wellbeing Advisor you will be responsible for:
– welcoming individuals who have been referred to the service;
– providing a calm environment, ensuring individuals have access to refreshments;
– ensuring any heightened situations are deescalated effectively;
– working in person on a 1-2-1 basis to improve individuals physical and mental wellbeing;
– creating a clear plan forward using the 5 Ways to Wellbeing model.
- To ensure effective and appropriate communication with all individuals, staff, community agencies and partner organisations.
- To effectively manage risk and support positive risk taking when working with individuals.
- To provide flexible support based on individual need and preferences, enabling individuals to make informed decisions and choices.
- To ensure the working environment is presentable at all times and portrays a professional image.
- To attend relevant training and supervisions to develop own skills.
- To carry out administration work, which could include but is not limited to, report writing, handling money, filing, telephone and computer work.
- Management of sensitive personal information
- To take on other duties as considered commensurate to the post.
Please read the full job description by following the link below to see if you are right for this position.
To apply please download the forms below, complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank Wellbeing Advisor Job Description May 2019
- Application Form
- Personal Details Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
Closing date: 3rd June 2019 at midnight
Expected interview date: 12th June 2019