Overview of Role:
Role: Service Manager (click here for Job Description)
Reports to: Director
Salary: Competitive – £32,0000 (pro rata)
Hours: Part Time (28 Hours per week)
We are looking for Service Managers for a new Community Services Mental Health Framework (CSF) in B&NES, Swindon and Wiltshire (BSW).
Across BSW, the four signed partners for Third Sector are:
- Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind (Swindon)
- Bath Mind (B&NES)
- Rethink Mental Illness (Wiltshire)
- Alabaré Christian Care and Support (Wiltshire)
Working across the sector together with Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust (AWP) and Oxford Health Foundation NHS Trust to provide accessible, responsive, and inclusive mental health support across the local area, as part of the national CSF.
The CSF is a transformative approach to providing community mental health services, and we need experienced professionals who have a desire to work closely with the communities and residents they serve, and to re-imagine the way in which community mental health services are provided across organisational boundaries.
- PLEASE NOTE: All roles require a clean, full driving license and access to a car due to the nature of travel within these roles.
About the Role:
As a Service Manager you will ensure we provide aligned primary, secondary and third sector mental health support across the BSW health and social care footprint. You will be responsible for delivering third sector mental health services in the Swindon locality, helping the Third Sector Alliance develop new service models and ways of working. This is an exciting opportunity to establish and lead a new team to deliver key elements of the Community Services Mental Health Framework.
The Service Manager will:
- Promote independence and wellbeing and support those to achieve their goals from a strengths-based approach.
- Support your team with working 1:1 with people accessing the service, provide peer support and group work.
- Work collaboratively with other organisations to promote equality and diversity across the BSW area.
- Lead the service to develop an awareness of the communities you work in and help identify and develop community assets.
- Lead and develop your team in delivering recovery-focused, high-quality, safe and person-centred care, delivering great outcomes for people using services.
- Informing the future direction and development of the CSF, including working closely with Directors and Commissioners internally and externally of the organisation.
- Champion innovation and lead the implementation of enhancements to services, and support the implementation of change, best practice and continuous improvement.
- Establish effective working relationships with key referrers including the Primary Care Networks in your locality, facilitating meaningful two-way dialogue with key stakeholders.
- Understand and build upon local assets and resources, to enable holistic and flexible place-based support structures that are responsive to local needs.
- Ensure all staff are supported and developed through on the job coaching, individual supervision, group supervision and appraisals, identifying and promptly addressing learning and development needs.
- Produce regular outcome reports demonstrating the effectiveness of the service and highlighting gaps in provision.
- Support the recruitment process including a mix of Wellbeing Practitioners, Peer Support Workers and future roles that develop as part of the CSF.
How to Apply:
Recruitment is being led by Swindon & Gloucestershire Mind on behalf of the Third Sector Alliance for the Swindon locality.
To apply, please complete our Application Forms below:
Deadline: 25th January 2022
Telephone Interviews: 1st February 2022
In Person Interviews: 8th February 2022
PLEASE NOTE: Previous applicants, need not apply.