28jan(jan 28)9:30 am29(jan 29)4:30 pmAdult Mental Health First Aid Course (FULLY BOOKED)Adult MHFA is a two-day educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue.
Adult Mental Health First Aid (FULLY BOOKED) - Times: 09:30-16:30 - Price: £200 per person, concessions available for public/third sector organisations and students - Overview:
Adult Mental Health First Aid (FULLY BOOKED)
– Times: 09:30-16:30
– Price: £200 per person, concessions available for public/third sector organisations and students
Adult MHFA is a two-day educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course.
The course is a mix of presentations, group discussions and group work activities and is split up into four manageable chunks, these are:
- What is mental health?
- Anxiety and depression
During the course, you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident about helping someone who is experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone to recover more quickly
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
On completion of the course you’ll receive an Adult MHFA manual that you can take away with you and also an attendance certificate from MHFA England to say that you are now a Mental Health First Aider.
28 (Tuesday) 9:30 am - 29 (Wednesday) 4:30 pm
Sanford Street, Swindon, SN1 1HE
Swindon & Gloucestershire Mindadmin@sgmind.org.uk