We are seeking three Band 6 Specialist Mental Health Practitioners to join our friendly team at a new pilot project in Central Swindon, The Junction.
The project is an out of hours service, open 365 evenings a year, to support and assist individuals experiencing a mental health concern. The aim is to alleviate the need for people in the Swindon locality to access A&E acute mental health services and primary care GP services unnecessarily by managing the presenting symptoms/mental heath crisis along with the triggers and context for that crisis.
- To support people using The Junction to reduce their levels of mental distress:
- To effectively manage risk and supporting positive risk taking.
- To work with individuals in identifying the triggers of their mental health crisis and offer innovative, positive, compassionate and skilled psycho-social support and interventions, including medication management and advice to enable recovery from mental health crisis and re-engagement with their community.
- To closely liaise with other services that an individual in crisis may be involved with, ensuring that the person is held at the centre and is supported to maximise their potential for recovery and functioning.
- To work with and support families, carers and significant others who are supporting the person experiencing a mental health crisis.
- To support Well-being support workers in increasing their abilities and confidence to work with people experiencing a mental health crisis.
- To support individuals to improve their own physical and mental wellbeing.
- To recognise and provide support to individuals overcoming barriers to community inclusion.
- To promote a person-centred service, building effective communication with all individuals, partnership organisations and others.
- To maintain and develop professional links with all external agencies, enabling effective signposting.
- This is a public facing role and you will be responsible for welcoming individuals who have been referred to the service; providing a calm environment and ensuring individuals have access to refreshments, ensuring any heightened situations are de escalated effectively and working in a 121 person centred way to improve individuals physical and mental wellbeing, and creating a clear plan forwards using the 5 ways to Wellbeing model.
- To ensure effective and appropriate communication with all individuals staff, community agencies and partner organisations.
- To ensure the working environment is presentable at all times and portrays a professional image.
- To attend relevant training and supervision to develop own skills.
- To carry out administration work which includes report writing, handling money, filing, telephone and computer work.
- Management of sensitive information.
- To forge strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Proven ability to support someone in a crisis
- Capable of leading a team
- Quality driven
- Look to improve the service and patient experience by adopting best practice principles and service user feedback
Please read the full job description below prior to applying:
To apply please download and complete the three forms below returning them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9th August 2019 at midnight
Expected interview date: 15th August 2019