We are looking for Wellbeing Practitioner’s for a new Community Services Mental Health Framework in B&NES, Swindon and Wiltshire.
This role will provide support to local Health services with their SMI (Serious Mental Illness) clinics. The clinics are dedicated to support the improvement in take up and quality of AHC’s by inviting community members with existing mental health conditions who have been contacted by GPs to attend a non-clinical setting to receive a comprehensive Annual Health Check (AHC) by a team of nurses. The nurses will check blood pressure, weight, BMI and complete a blood test as well as exploring the persons lifestyle and provide guidance on improving physical health. In addition to this, there is the opportunity for people to talk to a SMI Wellbeing Practitioner about their mental health and understand what support is available to them.
- Working with people with mental health problems, supporting them through their AHC and having one-to-one conversations to support their broader mental health and wellbeing – including opening up opportunities for wider interventions or accessing support or services
- Signposting individuals looking for further support to other local organisations that might be able to support them
- Providing warm handovers to other organisations if a referral is appropriate as part of the persons journey to access mental health support in the community
- Clients make their own way to appointments, but candidates will need access to a car as venues are often in rural locations and some home visits may be required.
Salary: Competitive – £27,0000 (pro rata)
- SMI Outreach Wellbeing Practitioner (CSF) Job Description
- Application For Employment
- Personal Details Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
Closing date: 31st May 2022
Telephone Interview: 8th or 9th June
Final Stage: 15th June
Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement (pro rata for part time staff), pension scheme, ongoing training and development opportunities and team away days to support a culture of wellbeing and teamwork.